Sunday, January 29, 2012

Do you have rhythm?

I haven't been working on anything fun this weekend because I've been doing things like hemming pants and sewing buttons.  I'm also making some adjustments to the clothes I made for the grandkids for Christmas.  It's not as much fun as making them in the first place.

I guess I lied a little bit.  I did spend quite a bit of time today playing with pattern ideas for my blouse I am making next, my "inspiration fabric" blouse.  Since I wasn't actually sewing, I guess didn't count that as sewing time.  :-)  There are so many little things to consider when finalizing the details for a new garment.  How wide to make the cuffs, whether to have a full button front or just a tab/placket, whether to cut the placket/band and ruffles on the bias, etc. Such problems, eh?  I'm fortunate because we're empty nesters and other than working full time, I have quite a bit of free time.

Do you find that you have a rhythm or routine to your projects, whether they are sewing or other crafting projects?  I am one who cannot deal with multiple sewing projects at a time.  I'd never be able to keep tracking of what I was doing, where everything was, what changes I intended to make, etc.  I'm much happier working on one thing at a time.  I find that I tend to start a new project late in the weekend, and work on it during the week.  It takes me a week or two to finish one garment, but I sometimes spend a lot of time researching the best way to do things, as I'm still learning a lot of sewing techniques.

I will have a line drawing of  my next project on the blog as soon as I finish the puttsy (sp?) things I'm working on.

So, what is your rhythm or routine?  Or do you just go with the flow?  How many projects do you have going at once?  Do you primarily spend your time sewing or do you spread your talents across other hobbies?

Thanks for stopping by and keep on sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments, however brief. Please leave a note so I know you stopped by.